|Previously Posted on May 17, 2010 at 4:28 PM|
As I was driving around town today doing some errands I did a lot of people watching. I began to think about each person I saw and wondered about where they were going, what they were doing and even why they were doing it!
A few things came to mind:
- Each of us has a unique story
- Each of us has been born into this world
- Each of us has a role to play in this world
I have a pretty good idea about my role in this world and you know what? It isn’t easy, it comes with responsibility and at times there is pressure and stress. Yet I know that I have to continue moving through my life living my role with my own story.
This time of year there are many stories floating about. Some are sad and some are happy and honestly some “just are.” You can go to the stores and look into people’s faces and their eyes and see joy and excitement or you might see sadness and frustration.
So when you sit tomorrow at your Thanksgiving dinner (even when you sit down at Christmas dinner – for that matter any time) please remember to be thankful for what you have and who is in your life – no matter where they are.
Please remember the following
- Some people will be mourning the passing of loved ones recent and past
- Some people will be all alone this holiday season
- Some people will be away from their parents for the holidays (I am one of these)
- Some people will be separated by a few miles to thousands of miles
- Some people will be telling their loves ones good bye as they are sent over seas to protect this great country
- Some people will be having big family parties and some will have small ones and yet some will not even celebrate a holiday this year.
- Some people will celebrating their last holiday with loved ones as they have a terminal disease
- Some people will be called away from dinner because they are firemen, policemen doctors and nurses.
- Some people are out of work and some are homeless
- Some people will be getting divorced
- There will be people working any given town on the upcoming holidays – providing us all with services such as power, food, fuel and so much more…..
Remember to be thankful for all of the above and more
Perhaps you are one of the above… I am thankful for you and your friendship.